Wednesday, August 01, 2007

August 1

Always a tough day for me. It is Rebecca's birthday. At the time I was supposed to celebrating the joy of having my first child while my best friend enjoyed the birth of hers.

Solomon and Rebecca were due within days of each other. I was so raw when Jon called to say she had been born and that mother and baby were doing well. Not the mother and baby I knew, not me, not Solomon. I couldn't get out of bed and hoped to be forgiven for being such a rotten friend.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Amy
My son's birthday is around the corner. Already he will be 4, in preschool. The anxiety is horrible. Just when I think everything is under control, I'm surprised by a brick wall.
Take Care
Peace Love and Hugs from Above
Diana

Amy said...

Thanks Diana,
It does seem to sneak up on us from time to time, huh?
Love - Amy