Tuesday, March 04, 2014

March 4, 2000 My last, best day

Fourteen years ago was my last, best day.  I don't mean I haven't had best days since, I certainly have.  The live births of my two children Alison and Adam were the miracles that brought me back to life.

But fourteen years ago today, Eric and I went to lunch to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. We went to Patrick's Pub on Northern Boulevard in Little Neck, NY.  I had quiche.  I was very cranky that day.  Could something deep down in my psyche known how my life would begin to unravel the very next day?

Fourteen years ago today was the last day I would have ever not worry incessantly about what could happen in life.  And while the worry doesn't stop me from living my life, it is always present right below the surface of my mind.

No comments: