Thursday, December 31, 2015

Another

Eric shared an email with me just the other day.  An older couple from our Temple wrote to the Executive Board about the loss of their grand-daughter at 34 weeks.  They knew the child would not live earlier in their daughter's pregnancy.

As I read the email, I could feel another piece of my heart breaking off and drifting away - for their pain and suffering, and for mine.  The odd thing is, I was also feeling envious.  Solomon did not make it to 34 weeks and I did not get to have him in any physical way outside my body.  My thoughts were how lucky this family was to be able to see this child and to hold this child while I was not able to.

In the end a loss is a loss and hopefully Eric and I will be able to offer support when needed.

2 comments:

donnajacob said...

Found your blog excessively interesting indeed. I really enjoyed studying it. GNM pregnancy pillow buyers guide

Opilsa said...

It's great that I finally found such interesting and detailed pregnancy blog! I am wondering have you ever heard of different mattresses and pillows for pregnant? Many people say that they are really comfy and great looking!