Sunday, March 08, 2015

15

Dreading today as always. Having one of my "anniversary" stomach aches.  In 15 years since losing Solomon, I have birthed two children who continue to thrive.  I have taken on volunteer roles I never knew existed.  I started part-time work that is very rewarding.  I've made friends, many of whom I would never have crossed paths with.

Solomon hugged me today.  I had misplaced his Certificate of Stillbirth and it has weighed on my mind for months. I have the scan of it in my laptop.  Today, not even looking for it, it appeared:  I found it tucked in with my label paper of all things.

I feel my loss very acutely on this day.  Eric has commented (to me in real life) how interesting it is to see who has acknowledged my Facebook photo: the scrapbook page I made for Solomon. 


Eric has given me space today and also kept my mind occupied.  We can talk about Solomon in a way we could not 15 years ago.  I watch the clock, and remember the day.  My tears come quietly.






1 comment:

donnajacob said...

The gorgeous post learned a great deal Thanks greatly! Good Night Maternity pregnancy pillow roundup