Monday, March 23, 2015

Justice

A few months ago I read a news story online.  It was about Steve and Lindsey Justice, who had lost septuplets.  The story is here:  http://www.people.com/article/north-carolina-couple-lose-septuplets.
I felt so sad for them so I sent them a copy of my book. 

I'm often delinquent in checking my P.O. box.  Most of the orders for my book come via in the Internet/Paypal.  Today I happen to be at the Post Office dropping off mail and opened my P.O. to find a huge stack of miscellaneous advertisement.  After sorting through it all, there was an envelope addressed to me, hand-written, highly unusual.

I was shocked and warmed when I opened it.  It was from Lindsey Justice, thanking me for sending along the book. She wrote she has found much comfort in it. 

I don't often receive feedback about  Journeys and certainly have never received any for sending it cold. I never know how it will be received.  Lindsey's note was very reassuring the Journeys has a place in this world.  I wish her and her family peace on their journey.

No comments: